Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

Photo Finish

Happy December! 'Tis the season to deck the halls, etc., etc., etc. I began sending out yearly Christmas cards once I got married. I always enjoyed the process of going out and selecting the perfect card but over the years the process of actually sending them became a bit of a chore. Over time I implemented a few changes to make things easier: I purchased pre-printed return address labels and blank labels that I could use to print out labels for the recipients. Once I set up the file containing the addresses it was just a matter of keeping it updated from year to year. The biggest improvement to the process was one I put off for years: downsizing the list of recipients. Several years ago I finally took the plunge and greatly reduced the number of recipients, primarily by removing people that I hadn't seen or heard from in years.

Even though we raised two boys I was never the person to do photo cards so that everyone could watch them grow up, nor did I write an annual fifteen-page letter detailing every aspect of our lives for the preceding year. However, things changed when we moved to our current home (aka The Cabin) in 2017. For some reason, that year I decided that I wanted to do photo cards - in part to show everyone our new house. I have kept up the new tradition and am actually quite enjoying it. While there are oodles of sites from which you can create/order personalized cards, Shutterfly is my provider of choice. I enjoy the process of selecting which card design and photos to use. One thing that all of our cards have had in common is a photo of my husband and I on the front and a photo of one of our cats, along with a "witty" saying on the back. (At least I think it's witty, LOL.) So, rather than getting to watch our sons grow up, folks will get to watch us grow old - which is fine by me. I hope that the recipients will also get to see a bit of our personalities that they may not have seen before. Now I invite you to take a stroll with me down memory lane with a peek at the main photos from our cards.

Our 2017 card featured what is still one of my favorite pictures of my hubby and I; our cat Nyx was featured on the back.


 

For our 2018 card we re-created the previous year's couple's photo - with me in my T-Rex costume. (Yes, I have a T-Rex costume.) Our cat Marvin was featured on the back.


Our 2019 card featured a picture of my hubby and I that was taken when we were at the Grand Prismatic Basin in Yellowstone National Park; Kota (the Kitten of the Apocalypse) was featured on the back.


Now, I'm going to give you a peek at the photos used on this year's cards which haven't even been sent out yet so shhhhhh! This year being what it has, I couldn't resist taking some 2020 appropriate photos of us and our newest feline family member, Bear, makes his debut on the back of the card.


Speaking of Bear, say a prayer for us y'all. A kitten's first Christmas is always interesting and I have no doubt that Bear will find his introduction to a Christmas tree to be beyond exciting.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year. Let's all raise a glass to a better 2021!

 

Sign up for my newsletter here:  http://madmimi.com/signups/112968/join

Amazon Author Page:  http://amazon.com/author/isabellanorse

Website:  http://www.isabellanorse.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IsabellaNorseAuthor/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorIzzy

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/isabellanorse/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/isabellanorseauthor/

1 comment:

  1. Isabella,

    Funny Christmas cards are the best. haha Cards that include pets are second best. Put them together and it's a perfect blend of holiday greetings. I'm definitely raising several glasses to a 2021 of brighter prospects.

    ReplyDelete