Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Book review: The Vampires of Antyllus by Michael E Gonzales

40386121

Blurb:

A distant world in orbit around a binary red star set, light years away, holds the promise of humanity’s future. It also contains a deadly secret that unleashes the worst of all greed and the unthinkable—those who would kill for blood.

When Lieutenant Colonel Kathy Selina is offered the choice to relocate to the Antyllus colony, she hardly has a choice. The military has not only training and time invested in her, but she’s also been given a new SUB body to defeat the deadly disease that would have killed her, as a human. Kathy, along with her executive officer, Major Dave Mitchel, a handful of SUBs, and the members of the Colony Defense Force, must pit their skills and abilities against the most malevolent enemy the universe has ever faced.

Failure will mean a terrible end for the planet’s native inhabitants, those who’ve come to colonize Antyllus, and certain death for the small cadre of defenders, as well. In a deadly game of cat-and-mouse, how can Kathy, Dave, and their band of soldiers defend an entire world against THE VAMPIRES OF ANTYLLUS?

My review:

This was the first book of Mike Gonzales that I had the opportunity to read, and I was pleased to discover how much I enjoyed traveling to a new planet and imagining what might enfold.

Kathy and Dave connected as they journeyed to a new world. Once there, they adjust to their future, establishing friendships, building relationships, and discovering some hidden treasures. They also learn of an evil plan and lead the way to eliminate that horror with the help of some unlikely allies and new friends.

I was amazed by the world built around me -- so much detail and such creativity from the tiniest plant life to the amazing wonders in the sky! All the twists and turns kept me at the edge of my seat, ready for when the dust would settle.

If you’re a fan of adventure with an other-worldly twist, you won’t want to miss this!

Purchase links:

   

3 comments:

  1. World building and keeping all the details straight is an amazing feat for a writer. Mike, you've created quite the world for your series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Kaye. But to be honest, I created it for me. I penned this story long, long before I even considered any of my writings would ever see publication. I have been very fortunate.

      Delete