Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2018

'Give Me Tomorrow' by Kaye Spencer #upcomingrelease #prairierosepubs



Release day countdown begins…

Give Me Tomorrow, my paranormal-lite cowboy/vampire novella set in 1990 Colorado, releases through Fire Star Press on September 27, 2018 just in time to kick off the October spooky reads of the Halloween season. Yes, Halloween is a month-long season at my house that begins with sundown on September  30th  and ends at sundown November 2nd.

But more on my Halloween obsession at a future date.



Give Me Tomorrow tells the story of what happens when two mismatched people meet and fall in love despite their mutual determination to stay out of Cupid’s arrow range.


Lissa Price, a veterinarian, is a centuries-old vampire. Her heart has hardened over the years out of self-preservation brought on by years of loneliness compounded by the necessary isolation of being a vampire.

Jaxon Granger is part-owner of his family’s thoroughbred racehorse boarding and layover facility. Bachelorhood is his religion, and there isn’t a woman alive who can make him a one-woman man.

That is, until the woman he falls for turns out not to be alive in the strictest sense of the word.



Between now and publication day, I will share more about Lissa’s and Jax’s story on my Fire Star Press blogging days:


July 23rd
August 27th
September 24th

Until next time,
Kaye Spencer
Writing through history one romance upon a time

Images Credits:
Fotolia.com - spells and woman in black (purchased-royalty free license)
Openclipart.com - heart with arrow (Creative Commons Zero 1.0 License)



12 comments:

  1. Well, hot dang, I'm ready for it! LOL Looks wonderful, and I can't wait to "dive into" this one and read it all from cover to cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaxon Granger shows his 'jackassity' from the first page, but Lissa Price doesn't tolerate one minute of it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, now this sound like a story I can sink my teeth into. The very idea of a vamp vampire makes my blood boil! I'll have to stake out a copy and bury myself in its pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha! Mike... You make me laugh with your clever witticisms.

      Delete
    2. It is by levity and mirth that the wolf passes our door, the moon lights the night, and the sun doth rise.

      Delete
    3. I recall you write poetry. Is this from one of your poems? *hinting that you'll share in a future blog*

      Delete
    4. Kay, the muse just came over me as I pinned my response. Like a coastal fog she enveloped me in her arms and my fingers became hers.

      Delete
  3. Yeah! I can't wait. Sometimes 'cupid' won't take no for an answer. Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doris,

      And sometimes Cupid makes terrible 'couple' choices, but not this time. *wink*

      Delete
  4. What a "delicious" concept, Kaye. I look forward to more tidbits hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth,

      This story takes place in 1990, which isn't all that long ago, but long enough that I had to watch out for anachronisms in words, phrases, and gadgets (cell phones, for instance). I'm so used to writing way back into a historical time period, that 1990 was tough.

      Delete