Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

New Release - The Shadow Cabinet by Harol Marshall #firestarpress #prairierosepub #thriller

What if the greatest conspiracy theory of all time became reality? A take-over of the United States government could never happen…or could it?

Secretly appointed by Congress and housed underground at FEMA’s Mount Weather facility, members of the Continuity of Government initiative prepare to carry on government functions in the event of a catastrophic national emergency. 

But COG President Fred McGuire has other ideas for THE SHADOW CABINET. His thirst for power translates into a cold-blooded plot—one that will certainly end in murder… 

Agent Dan Chavez will do whatever it takes to prevent the intricate plan from reaching the inevitable, unthinkable end—a power grab that would be the greatest political coup in history. But will he be able to stop McGuire and THE SHADOW CABINET from seizing control of the most powerful country in the world?

EXCERPT

     He’s talking to me like he’s a damned therapist and I’m his patient.
     “I did a workaround,” Malcolm took a deep breath, hoping Shotgun wouldn’t report his hacking of Agency files, “which gave me access to some of the files, but not all. I think we’ve got an honest-to-god conspiracy emanating from inside the Agency,” Malcolm took an anxious breath, “aimed at political targets.”
     This seemed to catch Shotgun’s attention. He sat forward leaning closer to Malcolm. “A conspiracy. What kind of conspiracy?” 
     The comforting therapist voice again. “Assassination plot.”
     “An assassination plot hatched inside the Agency. Is that what you’re telling me?”
     Malcolm found Shotgun’s response unsettling. Did he already know about the plot? Were his people investigating it? If so, I can keep it under wraps until he decides to release the information. If that’s what he wants, he should say so. Disconcerted, Malcolm hesitated. “Are you sure I can’t get you a drink?”


     

11 comments:

  1. That is an excellent story, Harol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how much I like this book and I'm glad to see it in print again. Congratulations. I need a signed copy. I hope you sell a million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend. Let's have lunch when I get back from Salt Lake!

      Delete
  3. Oh, very timely and intriguing. You really caught the zeitgeist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got lucky...figured things could always get worse!

      Delete
  4. Harol,

    Congratulations! This story sounds like it will keep me up past my bedtime to finish it in one sitting. I'd better wait until the weekend to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Harol. I wish you every success with The Shadow Cabinet.

    ReplyDelete