Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2020

Quarantine! by Mike Gonzales



Wow! What a month, eh?
I found myself sequestered at home on April 1st, no fool’n!

To say the least doing nothing is a challenge. First, I finished a WIP, then I went back to self-edit a couple of older stories.

Next, I binge watched three different series on Amazon Prime.

The day came when I shocked my darling companion by dusting my study. She nearly fainted!

I shocked myself when I just said “NO” to eBay!

Eventually, I broke out an old puzzle, spray painted all the pieces white, and started on it when it dried. Yesterday I gathered up all those pieces and tossed them into the garbage!

Like everyone, I’m counting the days till this is over. My darling companion refers to “a return to normalcy.” I wonder…will we ever return to life as it was?

I have to reply, “yes.” 
The 1918-19 pandemic, per capita, was infinitely worse, killing more people than WW1. And that horror was followed by “the roaring twenties!”


Bottom line; do not give up hope. We’ll survive this, together, and roar on into the rest of the 2020s!



In the meantime, read something! Fire Star Press offers anything you might want to read. I suggest you dive in…


Please check out my online sites:


Fire Star Press Blogspot - http://firestarpress.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I hope we move ahead, as opposed to going back. There are things to be learned from this crisis, such as don't eat strange wild animals and be more thoughtful of others-you don't want to kill them by accident. Do we really need to drive everywhere all the time or could more people work from home with a cat on their lap? Be kind. Stay safe. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it doesn't take a crisis to encourage us all to be kind.

      Delete