Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2020

HOW I SPENT MY WINTER VACATION, by Mollie Hunt, Cat Writer





How do you picture your dream vacation? Fun in the sun? A writing retreat? Lots of great food? Maid service? No worries?



My recent trip to Cabo San Lucas was all those and more. Staying at an all-inclusive resort a ways out of Cabo, my husband and I had a suite right on the beach. From our room we could watch both the sunrise and the sunset. As an extra bonus, the Super Snow Moon made a showing during our stay as well.


Though Jim and I go to his timeshare in Mazatlán just about every year, this was my first experience with the all-inclusive plan. In Mazatlán, one of our favorite things to do is shop at the central market for fresh foods, then cook them in our room. Jim fishes on the beach and buys langoustines and shrimp from the fishermen. But the Cabo place was new to us, and a ways from town and shopping, so we decided to try something different.



It was fun not having to think about cooking (or cleaning up after) and one of the only times in my life I didn’t look at the prices. We enjoyed the many resort eateries. There was a bistro, a buffet, a Chinese and a Japanese restaurant. The Japanese outdoor place was my favorite, not only because of the great food, but it also had cats! A few friendly ferals popped in for a share of the bounty, and I was happy to give it to them. I didn’t see the sign saying not to feed the animals until after the deed was done.




We also enjoyed a fair share of room service, my guilty pleasure.  Getting breakfast delivered to our room facilitated the other favorite part of my holiday— working on my books. Ironically my story on takes place at the beach, but hundreds of miles north in the cold and rain of Washington state. Sitting on the warm, sunny balcony, it was sometimes difficult to put myself in the chill of those northern climes.


Writing, walking, smelling the flowers, eating way too much, sleeping in without having to feed and medicate cats— all those things made the past week a wonderful vacation. I’m glad to be back though. My cats missed me.



You can find more blogposts by Mollie Hunt, Cat Writer on her blogsite: www.lecatts.wordpress.com

@MollieHuntCats
Sign up for Mollie’s Extremely Informal Newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/c0fOTn



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Jim had a great time on that warm and sunny winter vacation. It must have cost plenty, but it sounds like it was worth it. The ocean, no mater where is might be, has a wonderful soothing effect that opens up the inspiration in us. I'm glad you fed the cats even though you weren't supposed to. A most delightful blog, Mollie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Sarah. We were lucky and got a good deal.

      Delete