Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

New Release I DREAM OF YOU by Sarah J. McNeal (Wilding Series)


Kyle Red Sky has dreamed of the woman with fire in her hair, but when she comes to Hazard, Wyoming, something dark and dangerous follows her. She is reclusive, avoids men, and wears a scarf around her neck to hide a secret. When someone tries to burn down her seamstress shop, Kyle has to take action—even if it means pushing her to accept his help in any way he can.

Beautiful Mia Beckett is a survivor—but only she knows of the horror she’s fled to this small western town to escape from. Finally, she’s found sanctuary from the unspeakable evil that has clouded her past and forced her into the solitary existence she lives. To allow Kyle into her life would put him in harm’s way, and Mia is not about to let that happen—not to someone who cares so much for her.

But Kyle has other ideas. Visions and dreams are sacred in his Lakota heritage, and can’t be ignored. Mia is in grave danger, and he is determined to not only protect her but to show her he will lay down his life for her. When the demon from Mia’s past follows her to Hazard, Kyle stands beside her to battle for their future. Love has never been more powerful than when Kyle Red Sky tells Mia, “I DREAM OF YOU…” 

But will they live to see those dreams come true?


EXCERPT


     Kyle kicked open the door of his mother’s former dress shop despite the sign that read, No Men Allowed. The raging fire upstairs in the private quarters made this an emergency, certainly enough to ignore that sign. Smoke began to fill the shop as he raced up the stairs calling out the name of the new shop owner. “Miss Beckett! Miss Mia Beckett, where are you?”
     As he reached the landing of the second floor, he heard someone cough nearby. With the wet blanket wrapped around him he rushed toward the direction of the cough until he found the woman lying on the floor almost unconscious from smoke inhalation. As soon as he removed the wet blanket from himself and wrapped her in its protective layer, he scooped Miss Beckett up in his arms to carry her away from the flames and smoke. The scarf she wore fell away from her neck and her head lolled back against his chest to reveal a thin, straight scar that ran all the way across her throat from her left ear to her right. It wasn’t an old scar, most likely no more than two or three months in the past. She attempted to raise a hand as if to cover her throat and replace the silk scarf. He’d always seen her wear a scarf of some kind or another around her neck since her arrival in town. Now he knew all those scarves were not her unique sense of fashion, but her desire to hide the scar. She was a woman attempting to keep a secret.
     In a whisper he could barely hear, she said, “Please, don’t let them see.” And then she fell unconscious.



     

13 comments:

  1. Sarah, as always, this book was just a wonderful example of masterful storytelling and your love for your characters really shows through. You have created an entire family of excellent people and put them in some heartwrenching situations that were so entertaining! I felt like I knew every one of these characters, not just in I DREAM OF YOU, but all through your Wilding series. So glad you created them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl, for all your wonderful and encouraging words. I am delighted and a little sad about the release of I DREAM OF YOU. It's my last Wilding book. I hope I did it justice. Kyle lives at the center of my heart with my Wilding characters. They have become my friends and my family. It's hard to let them go.
      Thank you for all your efforts and kindness on my part.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. It looks wonderful and the hero is very compelling even in this short glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, C.A. I loved Kyle from the first story I wrote him in. He gives everyone good advice, but he certainly takes chances in his own story.
      Thank you so much for coming.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Sarah, what an excellent excerpt for a wonderful story. I definitely have to read this one. And I so understand your feelings of sadness that this is the last of the Wildings books. You just never know....your Muse may have different ideas and when you're not looking, whisper temptation in your ear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Elizabeth. I'm deep into revisions of a fantasy trilogy right now which is way different from Wildings. I hope working on the Winatuke trilogy will help me transition from the Wildings. I'm doing a lot of research on North Carolina history and hoping to write stories that take place in my home state. I am excited about that endeavor.

      Thank you so much for your support.

      Delete
  5. Sarah,

    From your excerpt, you've nothing to fear in letting your Wildings down with this last installment. So many tantalizing hints to so many secrets. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaye, I truly hope you're right. I want to end my Wildings on a high and happy note. Thank you for your positive words.

      Delete
  6. Sarah, So sorry I missed replying sooner. Lots of company, etc., etc. and I totally missed this blog. But I'm sure looking forward to this one. As you know I loved each Wilding character in each and every one of your books. I'm so excited to read this one. And though it's sad this is the last of the Wildings, I'm positive you'll find more characters to introduce to us. Keep on writing and wishing you much success with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, any time you show up is a good thing. Thank you for all the wonderful things you had to say about my Wildings. I'm sure gonna miss them. If you do get a chance to read I Dream of You, I hope very much that you love the characters and the story. Thank you so much for coming.

    ReplyDelete