Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2021

The Last Wilding Story, I DREAM OF YOU, by Sarah J. McNeal #TheWildings

This was the last story I wrote in my Wildings series and one of my favorites in that series. Kyle shows up in many of the stories and, when he does, it's usually to help someone. He is part Lakota on his father's side, and English on his mother's side. I wrote  story about Jane and Teekonka's story in A Husband for Christmas. 

I still miss the Wildings, but I'm working on a new project that involves some interesting history from my own state of North Carolina with the settlement of Salem.

Today's gray skies have caused me to reminisce about my Wildings. 



  I Dream of You

A Wilding Western Romance by Sarah J. McNeal

Fire Star Press/Prairie Rose Publications


 A Dream…A Kiss… And Deadly Secrets

Blurb:

Kyle Red Sky dreamed of the woman with fire in her hair, but when she comes to town, something dark and dangerous follows her. He wants to help her, but she is reclusive, avoids men, and the scarf she always wears around her neck tells him she harbors a dark secret.

Mia Beckett is a survivor. Finally, she has found sanctuary in a small western town far from danger where no one knows her or her past and she intends to keep it that way. But she can’t forget the man she saw once in a dream who told her the paths they walked were destined to meet. However, when she meets Kyle Red Sky and realizes he is the man from her dream, she knows, if the dream becomes a reality, he may die.

Excerpt:

Kyle kicked open the door of his mother’s former dress shop despite the sign that read, No Men Allowed. The raging fire upstairs in the private quarters made this an emergency, certainly enough to ignore that sign. Smoke began to fill the shop as he raced up the stairs calling out the name of the new shop owner. “Miss Beckett! Miss Mia Beckett, where are you?”

As he reached the landing of the second floor, he heard someone cough nearby. With the wet blanket wrapped around him he rushed toward the direction of the cough until he found the woman lying on the floor almost unconscious from smoke inhalation. As soon as he removed the wet blanket he wore and wrapped her in its protective layer, he scooped her up in his arms to carry her away from the flames and smoke. The scarf she wore fell away from her neck and her head lolled back against his chest to reveal a thin, straight scar that ran all the way across her throat from her left ear to her right. It wasn’t an old scar, most likely no more than two or three months in the past. She attempted to raise a hand as if to cover her throat and replace the silk scarf. He’d always seen her wear a scarf of some description or another around her neck since her arrival in town. Now he knew all those scarves were not her unique sense of fashion, but her desire to hide the scar. She was a woman attempting to keep a secret.

Buy Link: Kindle   Paperback




Sarah J. McNeal

Author of Heartwarming Stories

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Amazon Author's Page




7 comments:

  1. Sarah, I loved Kyle, too. Well, heck, I loved all the Wildings, but he was one of my faves, too. You did such a great job with the entire family and the generations. I really enjoyed your Wilding stories, and I know you did, too, but I can't wait to see what you've got coming next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for kind remarks, Cheryl. I'm thinking I might write a trilogy of stories from the Old Salem book. There's a brother and a sister and well, I don't let siblings go to waste. LOL

      I have very fond memories of the Wildings. I'd love top write more about them, but for now, I have to move on to new adventures.

      Thank you so much for coming and commenting, Cheryl. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Sarah,

    "...I'm working on a new project that involves some interesting history from my own state of North Carolina with the settlement of Salem."

    More! I need more! haha All I know of Salem is it was founded in the mid 1700s. I'll bet the history is fascinating.

    (apologies if this comment shows up multiple times - having a tussle with Blogger and commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done hours of research, Kaye, and it's all been fascinating. I was going to write a American Revolution story for the time period, but it turns out the Moravians were neutral in that war, so I moved forward to post-Revolution time period and used an interesting piece of history about President Washington and how he rewarded outstanding soldiers of the Revolution. Also, I always thought the Moravians were much like the Amish, especially since their members were German, but I found they are completely different. The Moravians were more like modern day Methodists. Research. I love research.

    Thank you so much for your comment...and it looks like it only posted once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover should make the book fly off the shelves. It's so dramatic, and I can't help but always be reminded of GWTW and Atlanta burning around Rhett and Scarlett. I so want to read the entire Wilding series. Great excerpt. And sending you lots of good wishes on the completion of your new project.

    ReplyDelete