Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

New Release — Journey of the Heart by Stephanie Burkhart

James DiMera returns to his home in California after World War II, only to find out he's lost his farm. His way of life gone, James becomes a journeyman, selling Bibles, looking for a sense of purpose. But after the loss of his dream, what can there be for him?

Rachel Santori's family winery is in trouble. She's looking for someone to trust. When Rachel meets James, she can't deny how he touches her lonely heart and soul with his kindness and the way comes to her aid. How long has it been since she had someone to depend on? Can James find a place of belonging in Rachel’s life? Can love mend both their weary hearts?

EXCERPT

     He cupped her cheek with his free hand, gazing into her eyes.  "Yes, you can." His words were soft and firm. His heart went out to her. It couldn't be easy trying to reconcile the pain of losing her parents, running her family's legacy, and then discovering that legacy was in danger. 
     "I hoped – oh, I hoped I could."
     "Rachel—"
     She turned away and a muscle in her jaw twitched. James dropped his hand from her cheek.
     "What's wrong?"
     "I don't want to hope too much."
     He arched an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

     "I know you have to leave."


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations of your exciting new release! It looks very compelling and I'm sure lots of readers will agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C.A Asbrey! I enjoyed writing the story.

      Delete
  2. Steph, I really loved this story. It was not rushed or "contrived" and felt like everything had a natural "flow" to it--which is so important in novellas. I fell in love with James myself...LOL Really enjoyed this one! Congratulations on your new release! (Love that cover, btw--Livia did yet another great job!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. Yes, Livia did a fantastic job on the cover. It's really striking.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new release Stephanie. I've read several of your books and thoroughly enjoyed them. I know this one is going to be a big success. The cover is so charming, too.
    All the best to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. It's so heartwarming to hear how you've enjoyed my stories. Smiles, Steph

      Delete
  4. Who doesn’t love a good romance? Sounds wonderful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new release. It looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. I really enjoyed writing James. He's a great guy who just needs a little direction.

      Delete
  6. Love the cover and the excerpt sounds intriguing! Congratulations, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, Oh this sounds like one I must read. Lots of emotions, troubles and woes, and hormones going on. Great excerpt, and the cover is wonderful. Wishing you the best and I'm sure it will be s big success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly. Getting the "conflict" just right in a romance can be a challenge, but I think it really worked here.

      Delete
  8. HEY EVERYONE! Stephanie had trouble with the blog again--darn blogger! So I posted her comments for her! Thanks to everyone for stopping by and giving her a big send off with her new release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Stephanie. Sorry it's taken me so long to get here. Congrats on Journey of the Heart. It sounds wonderful and the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete