Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

New Release — The Homecoming by Kit Prate

Rory Saunders has experienced a crushing divorce. After sixteen years of marriage, her life is in disarray.

She knows she is running away when she leaves the city behind her; running to what she hopes will be a new beginning. Moving to a new house, a place in the country, she seeks to recapture the happiness of her childhood, and perhaps some of her childhood dreams.

The last thing she wants or expects is another broken heart. She is through with that part of her life; through with secrets, disappointment, and painful deception.

Then Devlin Culhane strolls into her life. He reminds her of the handsome loners who decorate the covers of the western romances she reads for pleasure; tall, tanned and blond, ever the hero.

But even a hero can have secrets…

EXCERPT

     Rory Saunders had made up her mind. She was going to do it. It didn’t matter if it was slightly less than a month until Christmas, or that everywhere she went some pillow-stuffed Santa was ho-ho-hoing on every street corner or at the entrance to every store. And if she heard even so much as one more pop version of Hark, the Herald Angels Sing… What was it about the idiot merchants out there that made them start the Christmas push just a week after Halloween? Or pop “artists” who thought they could improve traditional Christmas carols by performing them like they were punk rock compositions? It was depressing.
     It was also her first Christmas alone since the divorce.
     Rory Saunders was going to kill herself.


10 comments:

  1. Kit, I always love your stories, and of course loved how this one gave everyone a wonderful HEA just in time for Christmas! Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I love what you chose as the promo! Leave them guessing. :)

      Delete
    2. That was Livia's doin's! LOL She always picks the very best little tidbits to dangle out there! LOL

      Delete
  2. Sounds great. And the cover is beautiful. May Homecoming be a big success for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Agnes. From you mouth to everyone's ears. I loved Livia's cover the moment I saw it. And it ties in so well.

    This one has a special place for me. It's dedicated to Wayne Maunder, who I had the pleasure of knowing for through his connection with his fans from back in the day. His role as Scott Lancer is still remembered after all these years.

    I don't know if I ever told you this, but your name is the same as a very good friend; the other of my much loved daughter-in-law, Kathie, who we lost to cancer two years ago, just after Christmas.

    I loved surprising Agnes with one of your books! Kathie had a great time teasing her about her "secret" second life as an author. And Agnes found your book a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! Just spotted all the typos. I need some WD 40 for either my fingers or the very old keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story line and, of course, I am crazy about Christmas stories. Rory and I have a lot in common about the punked-out Christmas carols, a divorce close to Christmas, but not that last line in the excerpt. I'm feeling lots of empathy for Rory and I want her to find happiness. The cover is sensational. I know this story is going to be a big success, Kit. I wish you every success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sarah in that I, too, love Christmas stories. The Christmas season is a time for love, happiness, and happy endings. Congratulatons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynic that I tend to be, I have to admit I do love happily ever after; especially during the Holidays. I'm hoping for a lot more happy endings in all our futures for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete