Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Holiday Kindle Sale! and San Francisco for the Holidays

The second book in the Li’l Tom series, Li'l Tom and the Case of the New Year Dragon, Kindle version, is on sale for the holidays for 99 cents today through Friday!  

The first e-book, The Case of the Parrots Desaparecidos, will be on sale for 99 cents Friday through Sunday!  


I’ll be visiting San Francisco this weekend for a quick holiday trip, and will likely stop in to Li’l Tom’s Pussyfoot Detective Bureau on Telegraph Hill to say hello and to see how his latest investigations are progressing.  If I know Li’l Tom, he is probably winding down for the year and taking it easy due to all of the holiday fun that can be had in San Francisco.  Below are some of my favorite San Francisco holiday displays from years past, and I hope to capture new experiences on camera as I wander the city this weekend. 

First up is the Fairmont Hotel’s two-story, life-sized gingerbread house in the hotel’s grand lobby.  It was a sight to behold and also smelled delicious. It was made with 7,500 home-made gingerbread bricks, 1,500 pounds of royal icing, and 650 pounds of candy.  I hear this year’s model is even taller and larger, and filled with many more pounds of holiday treats!




The lobby itself is always fully decked out with gorgeous trees, lights, wreaths, poinsettias … you name it.


My favorite, however, is the Champagne tree.


The Westin Hotel boasts San Francisco’s largest sugar castle.



The Embarcadero Hyatt has a twinkling Christmas village.


Another sight not to be missed is the Christmas tree at Union Square.



I also love the enormous Christmas decorations that can be found around town.  If these are giant to me, just think how big they are to Li’l Tom!




Warmest wishes for a happy holiday season to you and yours from me and Li'l Tom.





Angela Crider Neary is an attorney by day and writer by night. She is an avid mystery reader and especially enjoys reading novels set in interesting locales. She was inspired to write her first mystery novella, Li'l Tom and the Pussyfoot Detective Bureau: The Case of the Parrots Desaparecidos, by one of her favorite areas in San Francisco, Telegraph Hill.  Her second book, Li'l Tom and the Case of the New Year Dragon is now available.  To learn more, visit her on Facebook and Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind hittin' that Champaign Tree right now. LOL Angela, I love your book titles and their beautiful covers. Thank you for the tour of San Francisco. The twinkling village was awesome.
    I wish you all the best and I hope you have a marvelous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Happy holidays to you and your family.

      Delete