Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

New Release -- Second Chance Dreams by Agnes Alexander

 A Coverton Mills Romance Book 2

All of Jude Winslow’s friends know he avoids politicians and preachers. Enter widow, Kay Littleton, a US Senator who has no idea about his feelings. Her occupation isn’t talked about when she comes to Coverton Mills to visit her nephew. When Jude comes to the Parker farm to help fight a barn fire, he meets Kay and falls for the tiny woman on sight. After giving his heart, he feels betrayed when he learns she’s a politician.

As much in love as he and she both are, Kay can’t understand why he rejects her. Knowing there is nothing else she can do to change his mind, she gives up her dream of retiring to North Carolina. Then a secret letter is found that changes everything.

EXCERPT

     “Jude Winslow, I can’t believe you said that.” Mavis Parker rolled her brown eyes at him, then looked at her husband. “Can you, Neil?”
     “I can believe he said it, but I can’t believe he believes it,” Neil replied. “It might sound okay in theory, but in real life it’d never work.”
     “I disagree with both of you,” Jude said as he stretched his long legs out in front of him. “I think it’d work as well as anything else. Look at all the people who’re divorced and they dated their spouse for months and sometimes for years before getting married.”
     “That may be true, but to marry a perfect stranger can’t be the answer. I don’t care how you slice it. I still say it’d never work.” Neil shook his head at Jude. “Man, I’d hate to marry a woman I didn’t know. Why, I’ve known Mavis since we were kids and she still baffles me, at times. A stranger would be impossible to figure out.”

     

9 comments:

  1. Agnes, I have really enjoyed these Coverton Mills stories of yours. Now that I'm *ahem* "older" I enjoy reading about people who are getting another chance at love in their middle-aged years. I'm excited to get these out there for readers to enjoy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I had a couple of women tell me they wanted a story with, shall we say, more mature characters. That was the beginning of my Coverton Mils series. I'm so glad you like them and wanted to publish them.

      Delete
  2. Agnes, congratulations on the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. I think I enjoyed writing this series because I'm, to put it nicely, am in the 'older' generation now.

      Delete
  3. Agnes, just deleting a bunch of past emails and I just noticed this and realized I missed this--I can only blame it on I'm to have cataract surgery soon. So, I sincerely apologize for not coming over to visit and comment before this and hope you see my reply. Love the cover and the blurb sounds delightful and the excerpt pulled me right in. Looking forward to another great read. I always enjoy your stories. Congratulations and wishing you much success with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Beverly. I'm late getting back to this, too. Been running my sister back and forth to the hospital for scans and then to talk with doctors. Hope the cataract surgery goes well. I had it done about 4 years ago and I haven't had to wear glasses since. Good luck with yours. Thanks again and I hope you like this book of the Coverton Mills Series.

      Delete
  4. Agnes, Here's wishing you boatloads of success!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kay. I hope it sells well for PRP. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting and has me wondering what happens next. Always a good sign that it's a good story.

    ReplyDelete