Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!

Yes, it's time for the annual display of my mad Photoshop skills
It's hard to believe that 2020 is already upon us. In the past, I've always dealt with a case of the blues at the new year, usually stemming from all of the things I didn't accomplish the previous year. Much to my surprise, that hasn't happened this year and I'm okay with that. I'm looking forward to a new year full of possibilities.

I love calendars and usually start the year with more than I can possibly use. I did better this year and only bought one wall calendar and one planner. (Yay me!) I began my planner journey last year but didn't fully utilize my new tool - I only used it to track bill due dates. I've decided that this year, in addition to the bills, I'm  also going to keep track of the books I read and my word count. I also love inspirational quotes and will use my planner to jot down the ones that speak to my heart. And stickers! A planner is the perfect excuse to play with stickers as an adult.

I struggle with the marketing aspect of writing. I'm both shy and an introvert so the whole "look at me" thing is a struggle for me. But, I have decided that 2020 is the year I'm going to try to start trying to get a handle on this gig. Wish me luck!

What are you looking forward to in 2020?


Sign up for my newsletter here:  http://madmimi.com/signups/112968/join







1 comment:

  1. Fortunately, I get lots and lots of calendars from organizations to which I contribute. But I see your love of calendars, the art work or subject matter that calendars contain can be so alluring.
    I gave up on resolutions and intentions, too, years ago. I never stuck to them anyway. I do make wishes though. It's just throwing out hope into the universe.
    Most writers I know are introverts. I like introverts. They spend their energy in introspection and imagination. Many of us share your repulsion of promoting yourself front and center and it's so difficult to know what social media to use in promotion. Most of us have learned how to market our work over time through experience. There is no magic formula to marketing that I know of. If I did, I would share it with everyone. We all just do our best and try different venues and rewrite those blurbs as best we can. Sometimes I think it's just luck. The best thing I ever did was get a Facebook page. I try to post something interesting or funny ever so often, but I don't hammer away at selling my books except for new releases--otherwise, on a rare occasion.
    I wish you the best of luck with your promotional endeavors and a bright and happy New Year, Isabella!

    ReplyDelete