Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2018

THE WRITER’S GRATITUDE LIST, by Mollie Hunt, Cat Writer





With Thanksgiving just around the corner (again!! Where did that year go, anyway?) it’s time to turn our thoughts to things we are thankful for. Big things; little things; things that matter only to ourselves. As a writer, I have a special list of things, and it goes something like this:


Higher Power,
Thank you for the gift of craft,
the quirk that makes me prefer to sit in a darkened room writing about a sunlit beach to being on that sunny shore in person;
that creates a playground in my imagination that Disneyland couldn’t begin to rival;
that opens up a universe otherwise denied me.

Thank you for the gift of eccentricity and introversion,
and for the gift of never being bored.

Thank you for my laptop, where I can instantly erase my mistakes… except when I don’t mean to erase them.
And for spell check… except when it doesn’t know the difference between pain and pane and Payne,
For Thesaurus.com, that fills in the blanks when the only word that comes to mind is “thing.”

Thank you for cats, my muses,
who walk on the keyboard, making
contributions of their own.

Thank you for writers, who inspire me,
readers, who validate me,
editors, who magically see the plot holes,
artists who turn my words into pictures.

Most of all, thank you for letting me be me, this crazy old cat lady writer.




Check out more blogs by Mollie Hunt, Cat Writer at:


Happy reading!


NOTE: I am having the same trouble with commenting in Blogger as Kaye Spencer. For some reason, I cannot comment or reply to comments. I'm so sorry not to be able to respond. Your comments mean the world to me. This is really frustrating! 


1 comment:

  1. And thank YOU, Mollie, for a very entertaining and sweet post. I hope you have a marvelous Thanksgiving and much success with the Crazy Cat Lady Mysteries!

    ReplyDelete