Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

New Release -- Search for the Storm Maker (Polarity Book 2) by C. A. Jamison

As Rush James and his fiancée, Trulie Morgan, count down the days to their wedding, they keep their alien energy alive and their electric secret safe from the human world.

But when Trulie disappears and it becomes clear that she’s been kidnapped, Rush’s life is turned upside down. Without Trulie, his energy begins to deplete rapidly, and there’s no way to control it! As much as he wants to remain calm, he knows that Trulie is suffering the same energy drain as he is—and he knows she is in terrible danger at the hands of her abductor.

Grasping at straws, and with very few clues, the small band of plasmetric teens who rallies around Rush and Trulie head for a faraway mystery island where they hope to rescue Trulie. As a new and changing energy comes to life within them, they realize that only together can they face the demons of their past and take on an army to silence a mad man.

Will they find the reason for their existence on the island paradise—or will their journey end in death—as they race against the clock in the SEARCH FOR THE STORM MAKER?

EXCERPT

     The sun beamed on my back as a breeze lifted my hair, and I kept away from the cracks in the soil and stayed close to the brush. “I’ve got this.”
     To my right, I leaned to look into a hole. The bottom disappeared into the darkness, but the width—too small to fit a human. I eased forward. One foot at a time.
     A dark shadow on the ground ahead of me had a large opening. A cluster of overgrown weeds grew to the left of the hole. I stopped. “I think I found the spot!”
     “Be cautious,” Trulie yelled. The brush had me hidden from her sight, and she asked, “Did you tie the rope around your waist?”
     Cracks split the ground around most of the area. “Ah. Yeah.” I quickly wrapped the rope around my middle and tied a double knot. “I’m good,” I called.
     The birds, the road ahead, even the wind kept silent as though nature held a breath. I proceeded across the damp earth. A foot from the edge, I gradually leaned forward. The leaves rustled on a flowering bush. An animal darted past my foot. Startled, my instincts reacted with a hard step back, and the earth gave way below me.

     

8 comments:

  1. Cindy, big congratulations on your new release! Search for the Storm Maker had me wondering all the way through "what next?" And the ending...Oh. My. LORD. I can't wait to see what's coming in book 3 of this wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good, Cindy! Way to go and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I'm always excited to hear your thoughts on what I've written! Thank You.

      Delete
  3. Cheryl, thank you so very much. It's known that fantasy readers have larger than life book choices--places to go where they have never been. They can run with wolves, fight battels with monsters, or be in a teenagers room when a vampire sneaks in the window. The reason I explored the possibilities, and came up with Polarity is to give those readers what they crave, a new fantasy creature--a different type of human they have never read about. I love writing about my energy-charged Plasmetric people in hopes the world will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C.A.

    Fantasies are so much fun, because the possibilities of plot, setting, action, and characters are endless. I enjoyed Polarity Book 1, and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading this installment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You, Kay. Yes they are fun--exciting! I'm glad Polarity book two is now published. Having taken the time to write in a book set and e-books, I can finally stop hearing, "When is book two coming out?" Now it will be, when is book three? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the premise and a hundred questions start popping up about the lead characters, their origin, what they want, and what is standing in their way. The word "alien" got my notice right off--followed, of course, by an impending wedding. I sense some spectacular world building going on in this story.
    Congratulations, C.A. and all the best to you on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. The alien energy in the bloodstream. To make the possibilities sound real--Lots of research involved with that. With nervous hands I gave my family doctor a copy of my book. How energy works in the human body compared to what happened to my half human characters would be under his microscope, so to speak. Happy to report he loved the book and was very excited about the premise. I guess I passed the electron and proton energy test. lol
      Thanks for the good wished, Sarah

      Delete