Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

New Release -- Stalking her Dreams (A Coverton Mills Romance Book 1) by Agnes Alexander

At a book signing, Heather Masterson, a successful mystery author, comes face-to-face with a successful rancher who bears the name of one of her fictional characters. The “real” Alex Hargrove is fascinated by Heather, and she is just as captivated by him. 

They both believe that they are fated for one another as their feelings evolve quickly, and a simple friendship becomes love in a short period of time. 

But in a diabolical mystery plot of her own, Rachelle Albright, an unstable alcoholic fan of Heather’s, has a different idea of the way this story should come to a close. She fancies herself in love with the fictional Alex—and the only way to have him for herself is to rid the world of Heather. 

A storybook ending doesn’t seem possible for Heather as Rachelle enlists the aid of a man from the past who’s out to settle the score with Alex. How can there be a happy-ever-after ending for Heather when someone is STALKING HER DREAMS…

EXCERPT:

     Standing in the living room of her apartment, Rachelle Al-bright poured herself another glass of whisky and reread the letter from the publisher.
     Through gritted teeth she uttered several oaths, followed by, “Why can’t they let me write a book about Alex Hargrove? Why is that Masterson bitch the only one who can write his stories? I know more about him than she does. I love him.” She took a swallow of whiskey. “Why couldn’t they publish the book I wrote making him fall in love with a woman named Rachelle? I still had him fighting crime and making women swoon, but he loved Rachelle so much he left the other women alone and came back to her.”
     She downed the rest of the whiskey and poured another glass. “It’s all your fault, Heather Masterson. If you weren’t in the picture I bet they’d want somebody to write more Alex Hargrove books ...” Her voice trailed off and a thought began to form in her mind.

     After two more glasses of whiskey, a toothy grin spread across her face. Things would work out fine. She only had to rid the world of Heather Masterson.


      

Trade Paperback available at CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/7576192
Soon to be at Amazon

8 comments:

  1. Agnes,

    Love the cover. (The yummy fellow reminds me of George Clooney). *grin*

    "...If you weren’t in the picture I bet they’d want somebody to write more Alex Hargrove books ...” Her voice trailed off and a thought began to form in her mind... <<<*cue suspenseful music*

    How did you come up with this story? An image? A real-life story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the man is yummy, too. Livia did her usual wonderful job on the cover. As for coming up with the story, a friend of mine said something about wishing she could read some romance books where the main characters weren't in their twenties. Of course, this set my mind into creating these characters. I'm not much of an outliner, so the story just grew chapter by chapter. I was about half way through when I decided to make it into a series. There are three books that Fire Star will be reprinting and I'm working on the 4th an 5th which will complete the series. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Agnes, this story sounds like it is going to be one roller coaster ride after he other with great suspense and intrigue plus more. Congratulations on the rerelease. And yes, he is one hunk on that cover. Wishing you much success with this and the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beverly.
      It was a fun story to write. I fell in love with these characters and their neighbors. Just couldn't quit with one book so had to write more. I hope everyone enjoys them.

      Delete
  3. I am really loving this series, Agnes. You did a great job of developing these characters into real-life believable people. Love your ideas about what's going on in their world and I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you like them, Cheryl. You know I love writing the westerns, but next to them, I would say this series is my next favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool excerpt. I'll have to download and take a look. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete