Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Release -- It’s Only Make Believe by Sarah J. McNeal



x

Beautiful June Wingate’s perfect marriage is in shambles—and she hasn’t even left the wedding reception! When she overhears two gossips discussing the real reason Kit Wilding married her, June believes there must be some truth to it—after all, things have happened just the way they said.  Is her marriage only make believe? Trust is hard for June to accept, and now, her faith in her husband has been broken—along with her fragile heart.

Kit Wilding has loved June since the moment he laid eyes on her—a vision in pink that he couldn’t get out of his mind. Now that he’s married her, he can’t understand the changes that have suddenly turned her secretive and distant. How can he make things right between them when he doesn’t know what he’s up against?

But the tables are turned when June’s father, a pillar of the community, is accused of a crime that brings shame on the Wingate family—along with prison time. Kit Wilding’s not the kind of man to give up easily, but with his budding political career at stake, will he be able to hold his marriage together? Or will he be forced to admit IT’S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE

EXCERPT


     A loud slap echoed through the house. June’s hand stung as she placed it back in the pocket of her dressing gown, part of her vast trousseau paid for by her parents.
     Kit stepped back and rubbed his reddened cheek with his left hand while Snort, Kit’s dog, barked. June couldn’t help but notice the flash of his golden wedding band in the light of the dressing room. Her heart clenched at the sight of it. They’d been married only a few hours, and now this…
     “Hush that barking, Snort.” The dog quieted, but kept a sharp eye on June, just in case. Kit glanced from the dog to June. “What the hell was that for, June? Did I do something wrong by trying to kiss my wife?”
     “You bet you did. I thought you loved me, and now…” 


      

12 comments:

  1. Sarah, what a wonderful story this was. I was wondering if Kit and June were ever going to see their way clear to a HEA, but of course, you came through as you always do. I love your Wilding characters so much. These stories of yours are just wonderful! Looking forward to the next one! Here's to much success with IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. There is only one more Wilding story left. I'm having a hard time letting them go. In this story with Kit Wilding and June Wingate I put together two of the most polar opposite people in the entire Wilding series to fall in love. So it's a match that could be heaven or hell depending...
      Livia really gave this book a wonderful cover and I love it.

      Delete
    2. I meant to mention how much I LOVE that cover--I think it's one of my favorites--and that's saying a lot because I love all of Livia's covers so much. Yes, Kit and June are going to get everything smoothed out I think. Gosh, Sarah, if I was marrying into the Wilding family, I would definitely know I was getting a HEA of the best kind! You always do that with your stories and I love it.

      Delete
    3. I agree, Cheryl, this is one of the best covers I've ever had. Livia got this one on her first attempt and captured the story beautifully.
      I thank you for your lovely words about my story.

      Delete
  2. OH, Oh, Sarah, another Wilding story! I've so enjoyed each one of them and so look forward this one. And this one sounds like dynamite might explode at every next turn. Love it. And what a fantastic cover--gotta love that dog and the title is terrific. Wishing you much success with this one and I can see I'll have my nose cemented into this book shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly, how very kind you are. Thank you for all the wonderful things you said about IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE. I love this cover Livia created. She really captured the essence of this story and you know how important a good cover is to an author. Thank you for all your kind words and support.

      Delete
  3. Sarah,

    My bottom lip quivers just a little when I think about your Wilding series coming to a close. At least we have this one and one more. *hugs* I really like that Snort is keeping a close eye on June. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaye, it's been a struggle for me, too. I've brought the Wildings from the wild west, into WWI, and then WWII, and now into the 1950's. The generations of Wildings have occupied a large part of my work and they have become dear to me like family. I am having Wilding withdrawal at present.

      I can't help adding animals to my stories. Snort looks tough, but he's a mooshy softie on the inside.

      Thank you so much for commenting. And I really thank you for all your help with social media.

      Delete
  4. Congrats, Sarah! You've done amazing things with the Wildings over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacquie. I'm really going to miss writing about them. I learned so much doing that series, too--like how to introduce the next story character and how to keep in touch with previous story characters. It sure was fun while it lasted.
      I enjoyed your Much Ado About...series, too. Those are some great stories.
      Thank you for coming by.

      Delete
  5. Now I see the entire cover with the dog. How cute is that-- The excerpt is good too. Makes for a winning romance. Best wishes, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C.A., I love that Snort got on the cover and he's carrying the bride and groom cake topper in his mouth. Livia did a fantastic job with this cover.
    Thank you for your kind words and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete